Friday, January 23, 2009

Thoughts on Brazil 23.01.09

1. They don't paint lane dividers on the majority of ordinary streets here. Crazy. I need to help these people.

2. Facebook is very slow. Also, sometimes I know I have comments, but I cannot see them. (I mean that they do not show up, not that I am too stupid to click "Show Comments".)

3. Nine hours on a plane with a toddler. Ick. Then Customs in a foreign language. Ick. Three days of sleeping to recuperate. Yay!

4. My mother-in-law furnished the apartamento for us. It's lovely and unexpected. I almost cried. Again.

5. It is embarrassing to be spoken to in English in public by my husband. I want my Portuguese class NOW!!!

6. Bidets.

7. I will have to take some pictures of the apartment and post them later. It is fabulous!

8. I can't believe I'm in Brasil. Bra-freaking-zil! South America! Where water spins down the drain counter-clockwise! Which is way prettier than clockwise.

No comments: